Requirements to Enter Botswana
The Government of Botswana operates an “eVisa” process for the submission of visa applications for nationals of countries requiring an entry visa to enter Botswana.
To learn if you are a passport holder of a country that requires a visa to enter Botswana for the Summit, please visit the ‘Do I Need a Visa Page?” on the Republic of Botswana’s eVisa website.
USA passport holders, and those of some other countries, do not require an entry visa to travel to Botswana for a short-term stay to attend the Summit; please check the ‘Do I Need a Visa Page?” on the Republic of Botswana’s eVisa website to confirm your need for a visa.
If you are a passport holder of a country that requires a visa to enter Botswana, please follow the eVisa website page for instructions to apply via the eVisa website as soon as possible after registering for the Summit. Summit attendees seeking a visa via the eVisa website should ensure they upload documents requested and ensure that any visa application fees are paid:
• Copies of applicants passports (bio data page and outer page)
• Passport Photos per specifications on the eVisa website
• PDF-saved copy of their Summit Registration confirmation email.
The Republic of Botswana’s Department of Immigration and Citizenship will expedite eVisa applications submitted and paid for confirmed and registered Business Summit attendees. Once you have registered for your Summit attendance, you will receive a confirmation email which will contain additional information for those requiring a visa to enter Botswana.
Only after / after you have submitted your eVisa application, to include payment of any required visa application fees, please forward your eVisa submission notification and eVisa application number as well as your Summit registration confirmation to request expedited processing of your eVisa application to the following via email with subject line Business Summit eVisa Application Expedite Request:
- Mr. Morewaleiso: email@example.com
- Ms. Gaolath: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copied to email@example.com
Additional Visa Information:
- Each registrant is responsible for securing his/her own Visa to attend the Summit.
- Registered attendees for the summit may use their confirmation of registration as proof of Summit attendance for eVisa application purposes.
- Summit registrants may contact the Department of Immigration & Citizenship for assistance with the eVisa process if encountering difficulties online. Click here to view Contact information of each Country offices.